1. Please remember that you’re required to pay your full tuition payment, even if you withdraw before the year is complete. Friendly Educators do not offer refunds.
2. By the start of the school year, you should have already paid at least half of your tuition. If you selected a payment plan, then the remaining amount due will be automatically processed using the same payment method used to make your last payment, on November 1st if applicable. If you need to make changes to your payment method, you must log into the registration system and make a payment BEFORE November 1st.
1. For security purposes, all families are required to check in upon arrival and check out upon departure, at the front desk.
2. Parents of preschoolers through 8th graders must remain on campus. Only a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt/uncle may serve in this capacity (and you should let us know who will be staying).
3. High school parents are encouraged but not required to stay. One of our goals is to foster community and having moms and dads around on Mondays is a blessing for everyone!
4. Parents are welcome to sit in on any classes that they choose.
5. Remember, your children are your responsibility while you’re here! You must supervise them during lunch, chapel, and class changes. Students are not allowed to hang out in any part of the building, including the lobby or couches, during class hours. Elementary students must be enrolled in a class, with a parent, or in study hall when on campus. Middle and high school students must be enrolled in a class or study hall when on campus. All students who are ‘with parent’ must be with their parent either in study hall, outdoors, or in the parent/child play room.
6. If you plan to sit in your car at any point during the day, please let the front desk person know in case we need to find you. High school students may not sit in your car at any time during the day.
7. You may *NOT* leave campus so that you can run errands, attend doctor’s appointments, etc. The privilege to leave another parent in charge is only for true emergencies.
8. Chapel is not optional if you are on campus during that time. Worship is the hallmark of our program, and it’s a wonderful time to praise, rest, fellowship, and teach our children. It’s the one part of the day when we are all together; please do not disrespect this special time. If parents are on campus, they are expected to attend chapel with their child.
9. All students must remain on campus until their last class is over unless they are leaving with a parent. Teens who drive themselves will not be allowed to leave and return by themselves or with anyone other than a parent during the class day.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, Friendly Educators will make the decision to either continue with the school day, have a delayed start or cancel the school day by 7:30am on the school day. We will send an email and post on the FE Facebook page.
Snow day policy: FE reserves the right to cancel one school day without making it up. (This, in conjunction with the extra built in snow day and our new delay schedule, should ease the burden of weather day issues.)
40 Minute classes and 45 minute lunch / no chapel
10:00 am - Building Opens
10:30 am - 11:10 am Class 1
11:15 am - 11:55 am Class 2
11:55 am - 12:40 pm Lunch / No Chapel (45 min lunch)
12:40 pm - 1:20 pm Class 3
1:25 pm - 2:05 pm Class 4
2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Class 5
2:50 pm - 3:00 pm Community Cleaning
Check-In and Security Policies
1. The ONLY entrance and exit we are allowed to use is through the glass doors in the lobby area.
2. DO NOT use any other door in the church unless it’s an emergency, and DO NOT open the door for anyone.
3. The building will open for Friendly Educators on Mondays at 8:45 am and close at 3:15pm.
4. Do not send your children to their classroom more than 5 minutes early.
General Facility Policies
1. Food is only allowed in the lunchroom during the lunch time period. Please DO NOT sit on the floor anywhere in the building to eat.
2. Please clean up after yourself and your young child(ren) in the lunchroom and bathroom.
3. With the one exception of the preschool classes, there is no food allowed in the classrooms.
4. The ice maker in the kitchen and fountain drink machines in rooms 232 and 263 are off limits. Please use the water fountains.
5. No Playground between 11:00 AM and 1:00PM.
6. The Parent Hang Out Room (Room 263) and Parent Work Room (Guest Center) are off limits for children.
7. Smoking, vaping, e-cigarettes are NOT allowed anywhere on campus.
8. The elevator may be used by teachers with carts, moms with strollers, or someone who cannot manage the stairs. Everyone else needs to use the stairs.
9. There is a nursery available in room 154 for those mothers with babies.
10. Only currently enrolled FE students may be present on campus on Monday. High school cannot invite their outside friends to visit at lunch or chapel.
Friendly Educators will abide by Guilford County mandates regarding face covering requirements. If a mandate is enacted, and you are not wearing a face covering on meeting days, we assume that you fall under an allowable exemption. We will NOT ask you for proof of the exemption. However, if an enforcement officer visits and issues you a fine because you do not have proper paperwork, you are responsible for paying the fine, not Friendly Educators or Lawndale Baptist Church. If Friendly Educators or Lawndale Baptist Church is issued a fine, the total number of families not wearing a mask (and without proper paperwork to prove an exemption) will have the fine divided equally among them and each family must pay their portion before their children may return to class.
If you find that you have a conflict with another parent, a teacher, or a member of our leadership team, please follow the Biblical guidelines from Matthew 18, in which Jesus asks us to go directly to the person involved first before talking to anyone else. If the problem is still not resolved, please bring it to the board’s attention. It is our desire to handle all conflicts with grace and love.
1. Do not bring sick children to campus. If a child has ANY symptoms - runny nose, cough, fever, vomiting, diarrhea - within the last 24 hours, stay home.
2. If one child is sick and you suspect your entire family may be contagious, we ask that the whole family stay home for the day.
3. If an FE attendee tests positive for COVID, please follow any CDC guidelines for quarantining or testing before returning to FE.
Friendly Educators strives to be a Nut Allergy Aware campus. We ask families to refrain from bringing foods and drinks with nuts into the campus on community day. However, our meeting place, generously provided by Lawndale Baptist Church, is not a nut free facility. Therefore, FE is not able to guarantee that nut products are not in the church and/or on campus on meeting day. However, we ask all families to be Nut Allergy Aware and abide by the following conduct:
Please do not bring any nut products to campus on meeting days. This includes peanut butter sandwiches, snacks with nuts and milks using nuts.
Please ensure the allergy information section in our registration system (LMG) is accurately entered into the record of the child with allergies. Please see the attachment in this packet for specific instructions.
If you or your child(ren) accidentally bring in food containing nuts, DO NOT open it and put it immediately back in your car.
If you see an opened allergen, immediately alert Lisa Clayton at (336) 402-3032 as well as any teacher in the room or any available board member so that they can dispose of it according to our guidelines.
Parents with children with severe allergies must remain in the church building during class time, ideally in the classroom with their children.
Friendly Educators and Lawndale Baptist Church cannot be held responsible in the event of an allergy related incident. Parents are ultimately responsible for the safety of their own children.
General Behavior Guidelines
1. Please show respect for the teachers, other adults, and fellow students both in and out of class. This includes coming to class on time and being prepared, as well as speaking in an appropriate manner.
2. Absolutely no teasing or bullying will be tolerated. Please see bullying guidelines.
3. Absolutely no running or loud noises in the hallways. We must respect the church staff members who are working during our classes. Stay in the designated areas only.
4. Access to the study hall is a privilege that will be revoked if students misbehave. The board reserves the right to take action for repeated violations of rules up to and including expulsion from the program.
5. Please be aware that there are monitored security cameras throughout the church.
6. Cell phone use in the classroom is only by permission of the tutor. Repeated violations of this policy will result in cell phone confiscations.
Dress Code Policy
Please dress modestly on Mondays and at all FE events. For girls, this means no cleavage, no spaghetti straps, no bra straps showing, no see-through tops, and no crop tops. Shorts and skirts must be longer than the tip of your finger when your arm is straight down by your side. No soccer shorts or miniskirts. For guys, this means no tank tops and no underwear showing. No one is allowed to wear attire that makes a controversial statement. If you’re dressed inappropriately, you will be asked to cover your violation with a shirt/shorts out of our clothes bag, or you may choose to go home and change.
No bullying, verbally abusive language and physical harm will not be tolerated. Depending on the severity of an incident, the offending party may not be able to continue attending FE. This policy extends to all considerations of electronic communication, if applicable (i.e. google classroom, FE related chat threads, etc.) Please see the behavior and discipline section of this document for more details. Depending on the nature and severity of the incident, immediate dismissal of the program may be enforced and will be decided on a case by case basis. Making threats of harm, bringing a weapon to class, or participating in online bullying are examples of behavior that will not be tolerated.
Speak kindly and respectfully. While we understand that conflict in and out of the classroom may arise from time to time, offensive, combative and/or disrespectful language towards instructors, parents or classmates will be addressed as a behavioral issue. This includes gossip and foul language. (cursing/cuss words, including language that is racially insensitive, sexually explicit, or derogatory.)
Chapel and Lunch
Chapel will occur from 12:00 - 12:20 every Monday. On the 1st Monday of each month, ALL GRADES will meet in the Chapel Worship Center. All other Mondays, elementary students will meet in the Chapel Worship Center and middle and high school students in the Youth Chapel. Chapel is mandatory for everyone- students, parents and teachers- on campus during lunch. The Chapel Worship Center Balcony is off limits. Cell phone use in chapel is not permitted and violations of this policy will result in cell phone confiscations for the remainder of the school day. Lunch will take place after Chapel, from 12:20 - 1:00.
Work Duty Review and Assignments
1. Each family is required to work a certain number of times (depending on how many families we have enrolled) during the year to help us with daily duties such as set-up and clean-up.
2. You are required to be on time for your job and to stay until it’s completed. Please plan to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time begins.
3. If you fail to show up for your work duty, you will be required to pay a $75 fine before your children can return to class. If you are late (by more than 5 minutes) or leave before the job is finished, you will be required to pay a $25 fine before your children can return to class. If you arrive so late to your duty, that we already had someone else complete your job, you will be assigned the missed duty fee.
4. It is your responsibility to find your own substitute if you are unable to make your scheduled time. (And if you agree to substitute for someone else, the fine becomes your responsibility if you fail to complete the job.)
5. If you miss more than 2 work duties, FE reserves the right to dismiss you from FE.